Tuesday, July 27, 2004

Quitting Time

[d1noli @ Tuesday, July 27, 2004]

I wrote this on 10/09/02 and thought I would share with everyone...

Quitting Time


Like the clicking of keys,
my heart beats in anticipation
for our next meeting together.


I take a moment's pause
from this long papertrail hike
and fill my thoughts of you.


Underneath florescent skies,
beyond this computer-glare sunset,
I patiently wait for your call.


It marks my journey's end
from this mountain climb of work
so I can head back home.

1 Comments:

At 6:37 AM, Blogger Cocooned said...

I like the imagery of the papertrail hike, fluorescent skies, and computer-glare sunsets. The artificiality of an office environment contrasts greatly with the natural environment, where a real hike is done in the mountains, perhaps under clear blue skies, and at the summit, a chance to witness breathtaking sunsets.

Good poem!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home