Sunday, August 08, 2004

Abba, Abba and more Abba

[rgucci @ Sunday, August 08, 2004]

I finally got the chance to watch Mamma Mia last night. It's this musical inspired by all these Abba songs. I'm not much of an Abba fan, but I heard it was a good one so I went with a friend to watch it.

I was expecting it to be good, but it just blew me away! It was fantastic! Music was brilliant, actors and dancers were great, among other qualities I won't mention here ;) .

To put it simply, I've been humming and singing Abba songs since then, even last night when we went to a disco pumping out techno beats.

At the end, the musical turned into a mini-concert. After the x number of curtain calls, they put on real flamboyant outfits and started doing musical numbers! Needless to say, people just got up from their seats and started singing and dancing. It was a ripping sight.

Oh, and by the way, I have a dream is not a Westlife original? Well, one learns something new everyday!

4 Comments:

At 5:35 AM, Blogger d1noli said...

I was supposed to treat Mark to Mamma Mia when we went to Las Vegas last year but we opted instead to watch a drag show (got VIP seating too!). Your story makes me regret not having seen it.

Gosh, I have been culturally deficient lately when it comes to plays and musicals. There are so many I've been wanting to watch:

1) The Producers
2) Hairspray
3) Mamma Mia
4) Thoroughly Modern Millie
5) Take Me Out
6) Avenue Q
7) Wicked
8) The Boy from Oz
9) Chess
10) Phantom of the Opera

The list goes on. I wish I had a week where we did nothing but watch plays and musicals.

 
At 5:32 PM, Blogger CBS said...

How's the play "Taboo?" Is it any good? Isn't Rosie O'Donnell connected with this?

 
At 3:31 AM, Blogger d1noli said...

Taboo was that weird Boy George-Rosie O' Donnell collaboration. Last I heard, it was a complete flop and no longer sees the light of Day.

I guess that's why Rosie and her life-partner Kelly Carpenter are focusing their efforts nowadays on their cruising business venture.

And Boy George is back to deejaying while seeking the next taboo he can accomplish in his life.

 
At 4:08 AM, Blogger d1noli said...

Mark's parents are coming over for Thanksgiving weekend and we're treating them to a show. Guess which one? None other than Mamma Mia of course! We buy the tickets this Wednesday. I'm so excited!

Thanks to Russ for making us want to go!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home